Monday, October 10, 2011

Whittaker House

The house you see in my profile picture is the house my mother was born in. It is (or was, I am not sure) located on Whittaker Road, outside of Ypsilanti, Michigan in Washtenaw County. I love old houses and cemeteries. I tend to go a little heavy on the cemetery pictures, so thought I would do something different this time. But, of course, you can see the Beckington headstone below the picture of the house. More on that tomorrow. Sorry, I have yet to figure out how to get a bigger picture of the house, maybe I can't.

Garth M. and Edna Ella Childs Beckington were married on 28 February 1906, in Ypsilanti. Garth was born and grew up in Garden Prairie, Illinois. Edna was visiting cousins in Garden Prairie in the winter/spring of 1904/05 when she and Garth met. She left in June 1905 and they corresponded until they married. They had eight children. My mother, Margaret Edna Beckington, was the fifth child and first girl.

You can visit my website for more details about Garth and Edna's children and grandchildren. There is a link near the bottom of this blog.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Janet! Welcome to "blogland". PJ told me you now have a blog.

Have a great day!

Karen