Saturday, October 22, 2011

Children of Garth and Edna - Mark

I will continue with my story of Garth and Edna. After they married in Ypsilanti, Michigan, they moved to Garden Prairie, Illinois where Garth was born and raised and lived for a few years. I think the only thing Garth ever did was farm. They rented a farm next door or near, his father, Mark's farm. Their first son, Mark FitzRandolph, was born there on July 22, 1907. Mark was named after Garth's father, Mark and his mother Anna's maiden name of FitzRandolph. Mark would eventually marry three times but never had children. He told me (or in my presence anyway) that it "must have been him" because he was married three times and no children were conceived. He died in Toledo, Ohio on July 24, 1964, of pancreatic cancer. Mark was a member of the Ypsilanti Phoenix Lodge #713, F&AM, of Ypsilanti and the Excelsior Chapter, R&AM, also of Ypsilanti. While in Ypsilanti, he worked for an insurance co. He had lived in Toledo for 12 years and his obituary states that "he worked for the past seven years as specifications engineer for the Kaiser-Jeep Corp." He quit high school in his last year. His third wife, was Estelle Manley. I know she had been married previously also, so do not know if Manley is her maiden name or married name. I have not been able to find much information on her. Mark is buried in Oakwood Cemetery in Saline, Michigan. I do not know what happened to Estelle.

2 comments:

tina nichols said...

I really like the way you set up your blog. I had to read from bottom to top to catch up on the story. I can't wait to read more. Love, Tina

Janet said...

Are you going to be a "follower" - not sure what the advantage is yet.
Leslie also has one for her travels.