Wednesday, March 5, 2014

DCH

Yippee!  Just received notice that my application for DCH (The Dames of The Court of Honor) has been approved.   

To become a member of DCH you have to prove you are "of lineal descent from a commissioned officer who served in one or more of the American wars, during the years 1607 through 1865 or from a Colonial Governor who served in the Colonial Period,1607 to 1775. Invitations to join are issued by State Societies."

My Revolutionary War soldier, Captain John Noyes, is my DCH soldier. His service was as a member of the Committee of Safety, he signed the Association Test of New Hampshire. His name was given as "John Noyce."

Captain John Noyes, was born on March 13, 1744 in Bow, Rockingham, NH. He died on October 7, 1835, in Pembroke, Merrimack, NH. He married Mary Fowler, on June 22, 1762 in Bow.  I am descended from their daughter, Sarah, who married Ballard Hazelton. Ballard is my 4th great-grandfather.

Now to concentrate on my "witch" application. 

1 comment:

GeneBugGrams said...

What FUN! Congratulations!